Sharp Curiosity respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy statement explains how we collect, share and use personal information about you when you visit our website or interact with us an any other way and, and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
The Information we collect
The type of personal information we collect depends on how you interact with us and includes the following categories of personal information:
- Contact Information: such as your name, alias, address, phone number, social media user ID, email address, and similar contact data when you connect with the company or team via Twitter or LinkedIn via the Website.
- Social Media and Online Content, such as information in social media and online profiles, online posts, and similar data.
- Usage Information: – we use analytics software to collect and process:
- Browsing History (including searches, views, downloads, prints, shares, streams, and display or playback details), and user journey history (including clickstreams and page navigation, URLs, timestamps, content viewed or searched for, page response times, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and download errors), advertising interactions (including when and how you interact with marketing and advertising materials, click rates, purchases or next steps you may make after seeing an advertisement, and marketing preferences), and similar data.
- Device & Browser Information: such as network and connection information (including Internet Service Provider (ISP) and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses), device and browser identifiers and information (including device, application, or browser type, version, plug-in type and version, operating system, user agent, language and time zone settings, and other technical information), advertising identifiers, cookie identifiers and information, and similar data.
- Location Data, such as the location of your device, and similar location data.
- Demographic Information, such as country, preferred language, age and date of birth, marriage status, gender, physical characteristics, personal or household/familial financial status and metrics, military status, and similar data.
Sources of information
We collect personal information about you either directly from you or from your interaction with our website. You provide personal information to us when you:
- Use our website or otherwise interact with us
- Communicate with us by phone, email, chat, in person, or otherwise
How we use your information:
We process personal information about you based on the following legal bases:
- The processing is necessary for legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal information
- You have given us consent to process your personal information for specified purposes, such as to provide our services and other items requested by you.
- The processing is necessary to deliver a contract or service to you
We process your personal information in order to:
- Contact and communicate with you in connection with our Services
- Comply with your instructions or to fulfil other, specified purposes for which you have given your consent
- Publicise recorded episodes in which you are featured
- Exercise our rights and to protect our and others’ rights and/or property
- Comply with the law and our legal obligations
How we share information:
We share personal information for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement and with the following categories of recipients:
- Service Providers and others who help with our business operations and assist in the delivery of our products and services including, but not limited to, application development, site hosting, maintenance, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, payment processing, marketing, analytics, and enforcement of our Terms of Service Agreement and other agreements;
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers to assist us in offering, providing, delivering, analysing, administering, and improving our Services. These third-party service providers may also collect personal information about or from you in performing their services and/or functions on our Services.
- We may share your personal information with advertisers and marketing agencies that we engage for advertising services to assist us in advertising our brand and services.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we reasonably believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable laws, to comply with or respond to a legal process or law enforcement or governmental request, to enforce our rights
Retention and storage
We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required by law. The following factors typically affect the retention period for the personal data we store:
- Necessity for the provision of our services, how we obtained the data (i.e. was it via Analytics software or via our contact form, statutory, contractual or other similar obligations)
- Data obtained via analytics software is generally kept for a shorter period. If we process personal data on the basis of consent, we store the data for as long as we retain your consent.
We protect your personal data through technical and organisational security measures to minimise risks associated with data loss, misuse, unauthorised access and unauthorised disclosure and alteration. To this end we use firewalls and data encryption, for example, as well as physical access restrictions and authorisation controls for data access.
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Your rights differ based upon the data protection laws in your country, state, or territory. However, in the UK, as an individual, you have explicit rights under the Data Protection Legislation which include one or more of the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request for copies of your personal data. Please note that, to the extent permitted by law, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs for the first or further copies of your personal information requested by you
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal information concerning you and, depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to erasure (also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’) – You have the right to request that we erase some or all of your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions
- The right to be informed- You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data;
- Withdraw Consent. You may have the right to withdraw consent you have provided to us where we rely solely on your consent to process your personal information. You can always provide your consent to us again at a later time.
How do I submit a request?
When you make a request, we ask that you help us with the following:
- Tell us which right you are exercising
- Tell us more about your relationship with us
- Help us verify your identity: We may request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you or before we process your other requests
- Depending on your request, we will provide a response to you via email, if you prefer to receive our response in another way, then please let us know your preferred delivery mechanism to receive our response.
Sharp Curiosity take all reasonable steps to keep personal data in its possession or control, which is used on an ongoing basis, accurate, complete, current, and relevant, based on the most recent information available to us. If we are advised of a change of information, we will update the data accordingly.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time in response to legal, technical or business changes. When we update our Privacy Statement, we will take appropriate measures to inform you of any significant changes that we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Statement changes if and where this is required by applicable law. You can see when this Privacy Statement was last updated at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Your privacy is important to us. Please address any comments, concerns, complaints, or questions regarding our Privacy Statement to email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal information in a way that is not in accordance with the law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in the UK responsible for the implementation and enforcement data protection law: the Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO”). You can contact the ICO via their website – https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ – or by calling their helpline – 0303 123 1113 or write to them at ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Sharp Curiosity is committed to protecting your privacy and we take our responsibilities regarding the security of your information seriously.
- Sharp Curiosity needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given Sharp Curiosity permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in Sharp Curiosity legitimate interests
- Sharp Curiosity needs to comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
Sharp Curiosity follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.